Saturday, September 11, 2010

Raspberry lemonade anyone?

Now that I've purchased a 32" needle, things are progressing on my Aunt's shawl at a faster rate. Did you know it's rather difficult to knit if you are constantly shoving stitches around because they are so tight together?  But I'm not happy with the appearance, afraid it may be confused for an anorexic afghan.  So after some searching on Ravelry, for my yardage/yarn weight have decided to try a triangular shaped shawl.  So far if I were to name what this shawl reminds me of, it would have to be raspberry lemonade.

Wednesday night I almost finished the third ball of yarn on the Every Way Wrap but was distracted by putting together my "reading" list for while knitting.  Have a strong preference for listening to books on tape otherwise I would only read and no knitting would get done.  At a friend's suggestion, I will be using the BBCs Big Read list.  So far I've only read 7 - that I'm confident about.  Don't want to rely on my memory of what was read during high school, as I was no scholar in high school and it was a few decades ago...

2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

And........about Sheep & Wool?

EGunn said...

I was going to ask if you'd heard of audible, and then realized that you must have since you listen to Cast-On. I haven't tried them yet, but someday I am going to cave and end up with a /lot/ of audiobooks. =)