Monday, September 6, 2010

Not so mobius

Accomplished quite a bit today.  Figured out how to organize the pdf files on my iPad (using it to store patterns that I'm actively working on/to be on needles soon, no more paper copies to lose!), wound yarn for upcoming projects, and several loads of laundry (knitting isn't everything).


Casting on scarf/wrap for my Aunt who will be having radiation treatment later this month for newly discovered breast cancer.  Had already planned on making her this wrap and her treatment date gave me a deadline.  Should be very achievable as this is done in garter stitch.

Back in August Mom, Aunt, Cousin and Cousin's son went on a road trip to visit relatives in Iowa.  Traveling back we stopped at Crazy Girl Yarn Shop in Corralville.  My Aunt liked the Mobius Wrap, but didn't necessarily want a mobius, she just wanted a scarf for around her neck.  Shop model was done in Rayon Metallic but I feared it wasn't that practical (rayon/cotton blend + handwash) for WI winters on a farm? Doesn't sound like a winning combination.

Yarn I'm using, Winnifred's Washable, will be perfect as it is a merino/acrylic blend that is machine wash/dry, in pinks/yellow (Aunt B is a pink fan) and plus it is was in my stash, score!

On Ravelry, I signed up for the Frankensock and Wildflower sock knitalongs.  Details will be in later posts as I'm trying to cast on for the Not so Mobius and it isn't happening with all the things I'm doing at once.  Too much multitasking.  

2 comments:

EGunn said...

I like the yarn. (The best part about blogs is that you get a picture to go with the description.) It's going to look great in garter stitch, and you can't go wrong with wool in winter. =)

knitasnoopy said...

I know, I know it will look great but the garter stitch is just not doing it for me so going to try a different pattern. Should have something to show in time for guild meeting.