Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thumbless Mittens!

Today was a great knitting day specifically and family/crafting in general.  Worked till noon and my Mom and Aunt picked me up and we went out for lunch, went to a couple of scrapbooking stores, stopped at Pegasus Games to pick up the Bananagrams game that was ordered during their anniversary weekend and had Coldstone for dessert.


The Mittens from the class at Wisconsin Sheep and Wool are progressing along somewhat okay.  I like the pattern, and the coloring of the yarn but the yarn itself I am not digging.  It is a single ply and when I tug the first few stitches when I turn, the yarn has a tendency to break.  So far there have been 3-4 breaks with the yarn.  That black spot is where the thumb goes by pulling out the black yarn and do an afterthought thumb.  Though in class we, the students, was calling it a forethought as there was a significant amount of thought put into the placements of the thumbs.


The mittens have become project number one as they need to be finished before Wednesday as I'm taking a class that night making a beaded Moebius Cowl which require the exact same size needle AND cable length.  Who would have known size 6 was so popular!

No comments: