Monday, January 21, 2013

Oops missed a week...

Last weekend went to Chicago with my Mom and Walker and James (2/3 of "The Boys") to see the Charlie Brown and the Great Exhibit (thanks Laurel for pointing this out to me!).
Next phone needs a flash with the camera

There was a lovely hat in the gift shop that my Mom modeled.

Nice vest!
After the Museum, we meet up with the rest of our group, who went to the Lego store, for lunch at Webber Grill in Schaumberg.  This group consisted of Jason (remaining 1/3 of "The Boys") and friends of The Boys', Liz & Jay.  Webber Grill has the iconic grill all over in their decorations - something to check out.

The whole reason for going to Schaumberg was to go to The Container Store and IKEA (Walker was on a mission). At The Container Store, I found this great bag.













Which I thought would be great for weekend trips but as soon as everyone else saw it, their first thought was, Becky's getting a new knitting bag.  Reality is that most likely the majority of the time it will be a knitting bag for several projects or larger projects.  Have a few afghans that have been languishing for cough, cough, a while.  To give you an idea how big is...
Rosie can comfortably fit in the bag, but doesn't like being in it
After the container store, it was on to IKEA.  I picked up a few things for my bedroom. Unfortunately bought the wrong size bed skirt so we will have to go back to IKEA so I can get the correct bed skirt, when are we going???

Oh yes, where is the knitting content of this post? Well I worked on my Dad's Packer hat while in the car and at the restaurant on the Chicago trip.  Also worked on the hat the next day while watching Lincoln (was my second time seeing the movie and didn't mess up the ribbing too much in the dark).  I finished it this weekend and gave to my Dad yesterday.

4 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I'm jealous you got to go to the Peanuts exhibit :(

Looks like you had fun :)

knitasnoopy said...

Yes but you leave roughly 1 hour away from Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa http://schulzmuseum.org/

EGunn said...

I hadn't heard about the Peanuts show. Too bad I'm not in Chicago anymore! Both of your parents look cute in their hats, but I think I like your dad's better. (And the face, too!)

Unknown said...

Yes, I think Bill missed his modeling calling.

I'm ready for IKEA! I don't think we have anything going on the 9th or 10th of February if that's soon enough.