Monday, January 21, 2013

A little library enhancement

Past couple of weeks, I've been reading more Ravelry posts which turns out it can be dangerous to the size of one's library. So far, I have purchased Cookie A's book Knit. Sock. Love., pattern for The Princess Bride KAL (that's knit along for you muggles), and some great deals at Half-Price Books.

At Half-Price found:

  1. Basic Rug Hooking- which looks to be a great rug hooking reference book and may need to go back and pick up one for my Mom. 
  2. Punchneedle: The Complete Guide - again a great reference book for if and when I start punching again (does it count for again if I haven't completed a project?)
  3. Stich Collection: Filet Crochet - I've done some filet in the past but thought this was a great source for knitting stitch ideas (dual purpose so more economical, right?).
  4. Socks a la Carte 2: Toes Up! - Toes up are hands down my favorite way of doing sock, no Kitchner stitch!


In knitting news, my entrelac project for the Mystery 220 KAL is progressing nicely and I'm all set for the last clue today.  I'm thinking it's a skating hat, what do you think? If this is what it turns out to be, a pair of mittens would be a great way to use up the remaining yarn, just not certain if I will make entrelac mittens. After a quick search on Ravelry found the following mittens which makes me think I really need to rethink my reluctance for a pair of entrelac mittens but only if I can figure out resizing from fingering to worsted (which I used for the KAL.

My goal for today is to wind yarn and cast on the Monkey socks from Cookie A book, finish fingerless Hobo mitt (just needed thumb on 2nd mitt), get Jason's hat started and do a little felting. 

Best get cracking on these things but leaving you, have two more pictures of something I acquired in December which I think everyone should have in their knitting bag. 
Everyone needs a rubber duck in their knitting bag?
Nope, they need a tape measure silly!


2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I'm in the midst of my first of two Monkey Socks. I'm actually past the heel turn and gusset and all that. I haven't worked on them in awhile, though. Sick child, house hunting, and starting far too many other projects will do that...

EGunn said...

More books is always better! (Says she who carries more weight in books between houses than she cares to admit.) No guess as to the identity of your mystery knit, but I do like the color. =)