Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fiber Event Catch Up #3: Three Irish Girls Trunk Show

September 17th saw friend from Stoughton, have to find out if O.K. to mention her name on blog, and I went to Chicago to attend the Three Irish Girls Trunk Show at Windy Knitty.  We started off mid morning and had an enjoyable time driving down.
Hard to believe but this is all that came home!

Lunch was at a Thai restaurant not that far from Windy Knitty and then on to the trunk show.  If you have never seen/felt Three Irish Girls yarn, you simply must!  The colors are wonderful and it was hard to resist purchasing oodles of yarn but I only purchased a three skeins of yarn and a scarf minder (hee hee just thought of it Three Irish Girls, 3 skeins of yarn...).  I know I know the restraint but I'm trying to change my yarn buying habits.

From there, we went on to Ikea.  At Ikea we had a quick snack as my blood sugar was getting low and my friend needed to rest and then shopped around a bit.  I found curtains for the living room which were totally not something that I thought I would ever buy and large beverage glasses, as the ones I had been using are rather on the small size.  She found the mirrors that her daughter-in-law wanted and a few other items.

Once we had our purchases for Ikea loaded up in the car, we headed home.  There was a quick stop in Janesville for diner at my favorite Chinese restaurant and then continued on to Stoughton.  We did some switching around of things from her car to my car and I returned totes she had loaned while moving back in July (terrible how long it took me to unpack some things).  

All in all, a very fun day and one I wouldn't mind repeating (hint, hint).

2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I'm sad I wasn't able to head to Chicago with you and....well, we know who it was.

Someday we'll have to go :)

EGunn said...

Love those colors! I've never knit with three Irish girls. I'll have to keep an eye out. =)