Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wildflower progress

Sunday I finished sock one of my cousin's Wildflower sock all the way to kitchnering the toe. Before weaving in the ends, I wanted to try it out. It was so unbelievably tight that I ripped the entire thing out. Granted my cousin probably doesn't have the cankles that I do, but I think it would have been too tight even for my Mom (who I use as a too-tight gauge for hand knit socks).

My reasons for being so confident on this is that 1) I used a smaller needle than usual (2.25 mm), 2) cast on 64 stitches and typical sock for me is 72, 3) leg of sock was longer than my typical leg (which if you have any sort of calf on your leg this would strangle your poor calf), and 4) most importantly, my cousin had tried on socks that I was knitting during our vacation and they fit her fine.

Casted on attempt #2, sunday night and completed two repeats during knitting guild meeting last night. Would have completed more but Lily wanted to see how the flower was created. Plus sometimes your listening more to the speakers than "concentrating" on your mindless knitting.

Have a knitting class tonight which is to be my sister-in-law's Christmas present which will cut down on sock knitting time. Good thing I have Friday off if the socks need to be mailed off by Saturday!

2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

How was Guild last night? I was going to go but I knew the roads weren't that great and I was a little worried about taking Little Man out with me. So, I didn't go...perhaps the January meeting (if the weather behaves).

knitasnoopy said...

Guild was good. They spoke about/showed pictures of the wool process and had pictures of models from their new book. Can you believe though that, they drove from Vermont!?!

Hopefully January will be nicer so you can continue Little Man's initiation to knitting.