Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And we have bind-off!

On my way to the moebius cowl class tonight, I stopped at World of Variety (local "dime" store) to see if they had the leaf bags like pumpkins for Mom.  They did, and I was strolling in the next aisle over to see what other fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations they had when I spied a Christmas decoration on the opposite side of the aisle that I just had to get.  I know, I know way to early for anything except Christmas gift making but when you see this I'm sure you will understand why I broke down and bought it.

Before class started, I was on row 7/8 and needed to get to 10.  Easily done, okay I was binding off as the other ladies were blissfully? doing the picot bind off with beads. Was undecided as to which one of two beads to go with so decided to use both as they go great with this yarn (and the moebius is rather colorful).  I did manage to finish the repeats and do about 8 picots (only 56 more to go).

When I'm done, there should be enough yarn left to make either mittens or fingerless mitts.  For the mittens, I would have to add another sock weight yarn to this thus making the mittens not too matchy-matchy with the moebius.  Mitts on the other hand (snicker) would match perfectly.  Hmm maybe I need to decide who these will be for?

2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Ah, the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree :) I have one of those on my TV in the living room. I got it for Christmas two years ago from Brian's BIL. Apparently my SIL and her husband thought I needed it....

EGunn said...

Charlie Brown! Yes, I can see why you had to get it. I can't believe it's that time of year already!

The moebius looks great. I love the colors.