Sunday, September 26, 2010

What did you do this weekend?

You know how you get to work on Monday after the weekend and your co-worker asks, whatcha do this weekend?  My short answer would be took a knitting class, attended a birthday party and ran some errands.  Well here is the long answer.


Saturday I took the  Beaded Knitting Workshop at The Cat and Crow.  There is definitely something to be said about reading and doing versus having live demonstration and working on methods with someone there to answer your questions.  This class was excellent preparation for the Moebius Cowl class I'll be taking on Wednesday to which beads will be added to it.  In the afternoon, I attended an 80th birthday party for my best friend's mother. They had done a lovely DVD of pictures of Gloria and family/friends and lots of signing as they are a very musical family.


On Sunday, my brother and I ran a few errands.  First we went to Stoughton to drop off the large ball winder for one of the Wednesday night crew.  From there, we went on to Penzey's Spices and Vom Foss-very cool places if you have need of spices/oil/vinegar and like to cook.  Then on to Mounds (have to stop at a pet store when my dog is along), Michael's, World Market (take my advice DO NOT buy the peach salsa, blech!), and then Shopko.  


Once back at home, I took pictures of the items I'm going to take up north for crafting weekend coming up and recent yarn purchases (have to keep my Ravelry stash up to date) and worked on some blogs and then finally some knitting!!  


The size 6 needles are in the process of being liberated from the mittens (they are needed for Wednesday's class).  I'm casting off the mittens using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off so far it seems stetchy enough but will have to decide if in future I will need to go down a needle size like others have mentioned.


...and that is what I did this weekend.  Wishing you a lovely week!

1 comment:

EGunn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I have yet to explore Penzey's, but I was actually thinking of stopping over there this weekend, as I am in need of some alum and I've been told that they have it. We'll see if it happens.

You've been getting a lot of classes in lately! The beading workshop sounds like fun. It's another one of those things that I've been meaning to try and just haven't gotten around to. Glad you had a good weekend, and hope this one is also fun! (You know you're behind when you're commenting on weekend posts on Friday...)